- 1A) Identify the major eras in Texas history, including Texas in the Civil War and
- 5B) Analyze the political, economic, and social effects of the Civil War and
Reconstruction in Texas.
- 8A) Create and interpret thematic maps, representing various aspects of Texas
during the 19th century.
- 8B) Analyze and interpret geographic distributions and patterns in Texas during the
19th and 20th centuries.
- 17) Understand the importance of the expression of different points of view in a
- 19B) Describe how people from various racial groups attempt to maintain their
cultural heritage while adapting to the larger Texas culture.
Social Studies Skills
- 21B) Analyze information by sequencing, categorizing, identifying cause-and-effect
relationships, comparing, contrasting, finding the main idea, summarizing, making
generalizations and predictions, and drawing inferences and conclusions.
- 21C) Organize and interpret information from timelines and maps.
- 22) Communicate in written, oral, and visual forms.
- 23) Use problem-solving and decision-making skills, working independently and
with others, in a variety of settings.
- 1) Use creative thinking and innovative processes to construct knowledge,
generate new ideas, and create products.
- 2) Communicate both locally and globally to reinforce and promote learning.
- 3) Acquire, analyze, and manage content from digital resources.
- 4) Make informed decisions by applying critical-thinking and problem-solving skill .
- 5) Practice safe, responsible, legal, and ethical behavior while using technology
tools and resources.