Entrance to Caldwell Shelter
Number 1 (41CU1). This site was excavated by archeologist E.B. Sayles in
1932 and again by A. T. Jackson of the University of Texas in 1934. Both
archeologists recovered many of the same kinds of perishable artifacts found
in Granado Cave. Unfortunately, their work was rudimentary and the brief
published accounts left much to be desired.